Yesterday my email inbox was pinging like crazy with announcements from Netflix. I received no less than six emails with press release information about release date, upcoming shows and more. As part of the Netflix #StreamTeam I’m happy to bring you all sorts of Netflix related information. But rather than a whole bunch of separate posts about what is coming, when things are being released and new things just announced, I’ll do a sport of roundup announcement for you this time around.
For the Younger Kids
The biggest deal announcement for the kids, pre-schoolers specifically but I think that Eva may still enjoy it, is the show Beat Bugs. This show premieres on August 3rd and is a celebration of the songs of The Beatles as done by many different artists. Here is the lineup in order of show appearance which also includes season two. Yes, a second season has already been announced before the first season debut. Here is the trailer and then the listing of artists.
Beat Bugs Season 1
- P!nk: “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds”
- James Corden: “I’m A Loser”
- Aloe Blacc: “Rain”
- Robbie Williams: “Good Day Sunshine”
- Eddie Vedder: “Magical Mystery Tour”
- Frances: “In My Life”
- The Shins: “The Word”
- The Lumineers: “Honey Pie”
- Sia: “Blackbird”
Beat Bugs Season 2
- Rod Stewart: “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”
- Chris Cornell: “Drive My Car”
- Regina Spektor: “And Your Bird Can Sing”
- Jennifer Hudson: “I’ll Follow The Sun”
- Of Monsters and Men: “Eleanor Rigby”
- James Bay: “Hey Bulldog”
- Tori Kelly: “I’m Happy Just To Dance With You”
Other hit songs to be featured in the Netflix original series and the soundtracks will include Beat Bugs renditions of Beatles classics like “Help,” “Come Together,” “Penny Lane,” “Yellow Submarine,” “We Can Work it Out,” “Strawberry Fields Forever,” “Hello Goodbye” and “Across the Universe,” among others. read more!