Today the kids got new bikes. Actually I picked them up last week at Walmart. I had been waiting and watching the sales at Toys R Us in hopes of picking up some cheap but you know what, the prices there were terrible. At Walmart I picked up a Mongoose bike for Andrew and a Genesis bike for Eva. Both bikes were under $80 which is a price that Toys R Us couldn’t touch. Not with all their markups and not really a sale, sales.
The bikes have been in the garage and this past Sunday we had a babysitter at the house and we forgot to tell her not to let the kids in the garage. The kids wanted their swords to battle with and the babysitter and Eva went into the garage. Eva saw the bikes but to her credit she played dumb until we asked her about it today. She definitely did not tell her brother because he can’t keep a secret to save his life. He would have spilled the beans days ago.
It was a nice day so we took the bikes over to Capron Park to get the kids going on the bikes. Andrew picked it up quickly which was a bit frustrating to Eva. We should have started with her years ago. She tried and tried all morning and with some prodding, encouragement and challenge she began to get it. By the time we got home she was asking when we could ride again.
While Andrew picked up riding much quicker than Eva he also fell about 8 times. The last time was right before this photo. He has a big scrape on his nose and it is all red tonight. That last one made him cry like crazy but the great thing is that he kept on going, he got back on his bike, which he named Bullseye and then renamed Comet. Continue reading Learning to Ride Bikes
I am a big fan of the Marvel game Marvel Future Fight. What has been great about this game is that you can play as so many different Marvel characters and each time that there is a new Marvel movie there is a fun update. It might be an update to new uniforms or a new way of battling. But, no matter what, it has been fun. I just learned that on April 24th there will be a new update to the game that will let you fight legendary battles in three iconic environments: Titan, Sanctum Sanctorum and Wakanda. The first wave of a two-part update debuts with new film-inspired costumes, including Thanos, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Black Widow, Thor, Corvus Glaive, Winter Soldier, Proxima Midnight and Groot. This sounds fantastic! I can’t wait to get more of the characters and their uniforms.
Marvel Future Fight is not the only game out there. There are many apps from Marvel and each is getting their own Infinity War update. Check this out.
- Marvel Contest of Champions: April 19 – Players join Black Panther’s Chadwick Boseman and Spider-Man’s Tom Holland for a Champion Challenge. April 25 – Four new events surface, including the “Infinity Nightmare” story quest, a daily “Infinity Trials” quest, a solo challenge, titled “Vanquishing Blows” and “Infinity Dungeons”, featuring social co-op quests. New characters launching include Proxima Midnight (available now), Corvus Glaive (April 26), as well as Captain America (Infinity War) and Iron Man (Infinity War) coming in May.
- Marvel Puzzle Quest: April 19 – In-game event begins. April 24 – New supports become available, including Children of Thanos and Infinity Stones. New characters include Captain America (April 19), Black Widow (May 3), Okoye (May 17) and Spider-Man (Iron Spider) on May 31.
- MARVEL Strike Force: New Avengers: Infinity War characters assemble, including Thanos, Vision, Star-Lord, Loki and Doctor Strange.
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2: Event content coming soon with a new level and Avengers: Infinity War characters
- Marvel Avengers Academy: April 26 – The in-game event goes live, featuring Scarlet Witch, Thanos, Killmonger, Cosmic Ghost Rider, and Thane (son of Thanos).
- MARVEL Spider-Man Unlimited: April 25 – Updates include new film-inspired characters: Spider-Man (Iron Spider), Thanos (Boss Battle).