Just in time for the Presidential Election is the new app Disney American Presidents: Unofficial Oval Office Scrapbook. This app has the most commonly known information about all forty-four United States Presidents. Each page of the scrapbook has things like major accomplishments for the President. There is also a short 3-5 minute video with political experts that tell the user even more about each President. The important stats about each President are also shown like which President they were, what Era of American History they served in, who their Vice-President was, when they served and what was their party affiliation. For more contemporary Presidents there are soundbites in their own voice and for Presidents before the ability to capture soundbites the soundbite is done by someone else reading from their work or speeches.
The app is easy to use. The user can flip through the scrapbook and go in chronological order or they can jump around using the page that has photographs of each President. This is a fun app that introduces kids to, a fun way, to our country’s leaders. If your kids are anything like my daughter, Eva then they have probably gotten curious about the election and have wanted to know more about it, more about what a President is and what they do for our country. This is a great app to use to further the discussion with your kids.
Here is the official description of the app.
Do you know which president the Teddy Bear is named after? Or which president got stuck in a White House bathtub?
This election season, kids can learn everything they ever wanted to know about the American presidency with Disney Publishing’s new iPad app: Disney American Presidents: Unofficial Oval Office Scrapbook – which offers a fresh, new approach to the extraordinary men who inhabited the oval office and set the course for our country.
Developed by the Disney Learning team together with a producer from The Daily Show and Colbert Report, the app offers a fresh, fun dive into all 44 presidents with an interactive scrapbook, cartoons & animations, and even real-life testimonials from luminaries like Mo Rocca and General Wesley Clark. The app is based on the award-winning educational video series “The American Presidents” from Disney Educational Productions and incorporates content from the series, helping to extend learning from the classroom to the iPad while at home, with friends, or on the go!
The app is tied to national social studies curriculum standards for grades 3-8 and offers a dynamic and playful historical journey – from homesteading and civil rights to trust busting.
- Sit in the oval office and flip through the Unofficial Scrapbook, finding new perspectives and stories about the presidents who helped shape our nation
- Features more than two hours of hilarious – and historically accurate – presidential profiles for each of our 44 U.S. Presidents…from Washington to Obama!
- Includes interviews with political luminaries and White House insiders such as Bob Woodward, Paul Begala, Wesley Clark, Sam Donaldson, Melissa Harris-Perry, Robert Reich, Jon Meacham and many more
- Era-specific descriptions, music, art styles and references help bring each historical time period to life
- Each President receives his own spread, with interactive elements linked to key decisions, notable characteristics and historical legacy
Disney American Presidents: Unofficial Oval Office Scrapbook app is available for $3.99 on iPad or on the App Store at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disney-american-presidents/id559557889
Disclosure: We received a copy of this app to try out and review. Opinions about the app are 100% our own.
Copyright (c) 2018 BenSpark.com