So, I broke down in my car this morning directly outside of the Hopkinton State Park. I was scheduled for the car to have service on Friday because the engine light came on back on October 13th.

I had gotten back from my last trip and noticed that the light had come on when I started the car in the parking garage. I was nervous about it, but having been in cars with the engine light on before I didn’t think it was that imperative. I mean all of the cars from Masscoach always have their check engine lights on. Regardless, I called for service first thing on October 14th in the morning to make an appointment. I was told by the service department that if the light was not blinking and if I did not notice anything unusual while I drove I should be fine. Also I should unscrew the gas cap and screw it back on because that will reset the light. I guess if the gas cap is not on tight enough that can set off the check engine light. Good to know. Well, I did that and a couple of days later the light went off. Good.

However, this morning as I turned off the highway to take the scenic route on route 85 through Hopkinton I noticed the light came back on again. As I was about to pass the entrance to the Hopkinton State Park the oil light came on, the car rumbled and the power steering cut out. Luckily I was able to pull off to the side of the road, put on my hazards and call for Triple A. I called Triple A, they told me that they were sending out Arts of Milford. The call to Triple A went in at 6:44am. I was told it would be about 1 hour. At 7:23am I got a call from Triple A to let me know I should be taken care of within a half hour. I called Triple A again at 8:22am and was told another half hour. I guess when one has plenty of time to wait around and can write their blog posts from their Pocket PC, they take notice of the details.

At 8:25am I got a call from Arts Towing to let me know that they are backed up and a truck will be along in a half hour. That truck arrived at 8:45am and I was on my way by 8:47am. The driver was really skilled at hooking up cars.

While I was waiting around I had my hazards on and I can’t believe that a couple of cars pulled up behind me and honked because they thought I was turning into the park and was just sitting there waiting to turn. A school bus that wanted to pull in and turn around did this first and then an older man who must have been going for a morning walk around the park pulled up and waited for quite a while. I’m stopped my hazards are on. Guess what genius, I’m not going anywhere soon.

The tow truck driver brought me to the Honda dealership and I got checked in, the car may or may not be ready for me today, who knows. I got a quick ride over to work and now that is where I am.

But since I always have my camera with me, I recorded this morning’s adventure. Check it out on my Breakdown Gallery at Buzznet. It is almost as boring as waiting there with me.

Like this post? You might like these too…

Copyright (c) 2019 BenSpark Family Adventures