The Annual Bennett Family Christmas Party was yesterday at Corrine and Jeff’s. Allison made two apple pies to bring for dessert, Dad made chicken wings and I made poor man truffles.
Poor Man Truffles
Ingredients: Rolos, Pretzel Snaps (great base) and salted almonds.
2. Put a sheet of aluminum foil on a baking pan, grease lightly with butter.
3. Heat oven to 350 while you lay out the pretzels with rolos on top.
3. Once all pretzels and rolos are laid out put in the oven for 3 1/5 minutes.
4. Squish almonds on the tops.
5. Let tray cool a bit on the oven top.
6. Put tray in the fridge for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from tray (should not stick.)
8. If you make a second tray only put that one in for 3 minutes. The oven is really hot by now.
Make your own variations with this, some we have done are M&M’s and Hershey Kisses (5 minutes in the oven for Hershey’s Kisses, they are solid and take longer to melt.).
The party was a great time. It is something that Allison and I look forward to each year. It was so great to see everyone. Here are the pictures.
Are you getting BenSpark.com in your inbox every day? Sign up to get the latest posts e-mailed directly to YOU.
Copyright (c) 2017 BenSpark.com