Christine at The Passionate Ailurophile is running a blog contest. She is running a contest where you could win one of 3 prizes. And two out of the three prizes I have an interest in, however I have one of the prizes and so I will blog about why I want one of the prizes. The prizes are:
1. Alton Brownâ€™s â€œFeasting On Asphalt”
2. The Complete Peanuts 1950-1954 Boxed Set
3. The Odd Couple: The Complete First Season
I want the copy of Alton Brown’s Feasting on Asphalt. I remember hearing about this 4 part special and being very excited to tape it and watch it. I ran into many snafus along the way and finally ended up watching the special one Saturday afternoon with Allison. We are huge AB fans and even have some AB gear, like the Salt Cellar, the measuring containers and many of his books, some are signed because we met AB in real life. We are fans of his show Good Eats and watch it each night as we have dinner. We will also watch Iron Chef America for the AB commentary. But the best thing is that we have signed copies of his books because we met him at a book signing and got to talk with him for a good 5 minutes.
the prize that Christine is giving away includes all four episodes of Feasting on Asphalt, plus a bonus disc with more commentary by Alton. And since we cannot get enough Alton I need to have this to listen to the great commentary and see the bonus materials with the behind the scenes stuff.
I travel all over the country and while on the road I try to get off the beaten path and try some of the local places to eat, I live by some of the Feasting on Asphalt rules as much as possible. No Food Chains, stick to the byways and not the major highways. I myself have had some fantastic meals on the road and want to experience great road food like Alton does. No sure if I would try the brain sandwich however.
My attempts to watch this special are well documented on this blog.
- Feasting on Asphalt – Part 1 – I learn of the show and announce it.
- Feasting On Asphalt – Part 2 – I link to videos and remind people to watch it.
- Who wants to be a Superhero? – I remind people again about a Feasting on Asphalt Marathon
- Feasting on Asphalt – Part 3 – A subtle warning to my VCR
- 3 Days Off… – I manage to record one Episode of Feasting on Asphalt.
- Last comic Standing – Episode #2 is cut off because I ran out of Tape.
- Photo-A-Day #548 – Finally watch all the episodes
Now, after all those attempts to watch the show, you would have thought that I would have done a long review of the show. No I didn’t I should have but for some reason I did not. Now I am looking to Christine to decide that my story is compelling enough to win my own copy of the DVD Box set.
Are you getting BenSpark.com in your inbox every day? Sign up to get the latest posts e-mailed directly to YOU.
Copyright (c) 2016 BenSpark.com