I received a gift pack of Del Monte Products to try out and review. The Del Monte products, information and two gift packs have been provided by Del Monte. Opinions are 100% my own.
We have not tried any of these fruit in a squeeze pouch/bag products from any company with our kids before trying out the Del Monte Fruit Burst Squeezers™. In our house the verdict was split right down the middle. Andrew really enjoyed his Peach-Mango and couldn’t get enough of it. Eva however was not thrilled with her Strawberry from the Simply Fruit variety. She prefers her strawberries cut up and not squeeze versions. I was really surprised that she didn’t like it and I thought that we’d get another snack option for her to take to school now that she has to take two snacks and a lunch to school each day. Also I wish that we’d gotten the gift pack sooner because the lunchbox included would have been perfect to send with Eva to school to hold one of her snacks each day. She need to bring in two snacks each in individual bags, labeled with AM Snack or PM Snack and also they have to say Nuts or No Nuts. Rather than buy paper bags we bought two insulated reusable lunch bags just about the same size and shape as the Del Monte one we received in this gift set.
I took one of the Strawberry Fruit Burst Squeezers™ to work with me to try out. It had an interesting taste to it. It was strawberry one of my favorite fruits. But I’m like Eva, I prefer my strawberries cut up or whole and not squeezable. I can see how these Fruit Burst Squeezers™ would be a good option if you are on the go and don’t have the time to wash, cut and package strawberries. Kids can still get a 1 1/2 serving of fruit from the Fruit Burst Squeezers™ (as stated on the packaging).
So, in our house at least, it looks like Andrew will be enjoying the rest of our Fruit Burst Squeezers™. And, since he likes them we’ll probably get him more.
What about your family? Would you like to try out these Del Monte Fruit Burst Squeezers™?
I have a gift pack to give away with all of the same things that I received. Read on for more details.
You can win a Del Monte gift pack that includes:
- Two boxes of Fruit Burst Squeezers™ (one Fruit + Veggies 4-pack and one Simply Fruit 4-pack)
- One Del Monte lunchbox
- One orange-shaped eco-friendly shopping tote
- One strawberry-shaped eco-friendly shopping tote
- One Del Monte magnetic frame
To enter to win, simply leave me a comment below with your favorite fruit and what fruit/veggie combination you’d most like to try from the choices below. (US Only and the giveaway ends September 25th)
About Fruit Burst™ Squeezers
Made in the U.S.A., Del Monte Fruit Burst™ Squeezers contain 1 ½ servings of fruit or fruit and veggies and are an excellent source of vitamins A and C. In addition, Del Monte Fruit Burst™ Squeezers contain no artificial flavors or high fructose corn syrup.
Fruit + Veggie Varieties:
- Peach-Mango: Pear puree concentrate, water, pumpkin juice concentrate, peach puree concentrate, pear juice concentrate, carrot juice concentrate, carrot puree, mango puree concentrate, natural flavors, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid.
- Blueberry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pumpkin juice concentrate, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, carrot puree, blueberry puree concentrate, fruit and vegetable extracts for color, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid.
Simply Fruit Varieties:
- Apple Cinnamon: Pear puree concentrate, water, apple puree concentrate, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), cinnamon, malic acid.
- Mixed Berry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, strawberry puree, red raspberry puree concentrate, blueberry puree concentrate, fruit and vegetable extracts for color, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), malic acid.
- Strawberry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pear juice concentrate, strawberry puree concentrate, natural flavors, carmine, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), malic acid.
Are you getting BenSpark.com in your inbox every day? Sign up to get the latest posts e-mailed directly to YOU.
Copyright (c) 2012 BenSpark.com