I do so love being a Geek Dad. We get to talk about so many fun things and play with cool stuff. Over at Geek Dads Weekly Daniel, Greg and I talked about the results of a survey: The Linksys “Confessions of a Geek Dad” Survey; conducted by Answers Research on behalf of Cisco Home Networking in December 2011; survey of 590 men ages 25-54 with children ages 17 and under. We were not participants int eh survey but we sure should have been. We chatted about the answers to the survey on this past week’s show and Daniel posted the episode to Youtube.
Now, a big part of being a Geek Dad is technology and Cisco and Linksys have some really cool tech for a family that is becoming increasingly more dependent upon wireless. We have wireless laptops, iPads, a Nintendo Wii, Kodak Wireless Printer, Sony Blu-Ray player and are thinking about a wireless TV. In order to be able to take advantage of all of those devices you need to have a good router. I was sent a Linksys E4200 Dual-Band N Router to review and lucky for you, I have one to give away!
You may notice that in the Geek Dads episode my video drops out about ten minutes in. This is because we have so many devices on one router that hasn’t been able to handle everything. It could mean that I need a range extender like the Linksys Range Extender. Even when I turn off nearly everything on the network I still had trouble. So, I’m very excited to use the new Linksys E4200 Dual-Band N Router. There are so many cool features for this device.
- Wireless N – Built with leading 802.11n technology for top performance and range.
- Broad Compatibility – Works seamlessly with all a/b/g/n Wi-Fi devices
- Simultaneous Dual-Band 2.4 + 5 GHz – Double the network bandwith to avoid interference and maximize throughout
- Maximum Speed – Up to 300 + 450 Mbps – Ultra fast transfer rates for a premium networking experience
- Maximum Range – Full 3X3 MIMO antenna array for optimal coverage and reliability
- SpeedBoost – Increases signal strength across greater distances for added in-home mobility
- Advanced Security – WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall to help keep your network protected
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports – Four 10/100/1000 ports to connect wired devices at speeds 10X faster than Ethernet
- USB Port – Add a range of devices such as storage and printers to share across your network
- UPnP Media Server – Seamlessly streem media files across your network
- Quality of Service -Traffic prioritization technology delivers smooth performance for music, voice and video.
- IPv6 Enabled – Supports the latest Internet Protocol technology to future-proof your network
So, how can you win a Linksys E4200 Dual-Band N Router? Enter below.
Disclosure: I received a Linksys E4200 Dual-Band Router to review and to give away. Opions are 100% my own.
Copyright (c) 2018 BenSpark.com