I received the press release below from my contact at MEGA Bloks. I think it is really cool and wanted to share the information. Here is a link to the first tour they did on July 23, 2013: Christmas in July.
Now, how can I get a tour?
MEGA BRANDS LAUNCHES TOURS AT NORTH AMERICA’S LARGEST TOY FACTORY!
Mega Brands opens its doors to kids of all ages to discover how Mega Bloks building toys are made in Montreal
Apply today for your School, Camp or Daycare, and join in on the fun!
MONTREAL – (July 23, 2013) –On Tuesday, July 23rd, MEGA Brands will launch North America’s Largest Toy Factory Tour Program at their headquarters located at 4505 Hickmore in Montreal, Quebec. The MEGA Brands team is proud to welcome the local Hochelaga Community Center Day Camp at their MEGA BLOKS toy factory for a fun-filled day of building, learning & fun.
There will be over 120 children visiting the MEGA BLOKS Toy Factory on this day, who will also enjoy a variety of building activities alongside Santa Claus and his elves.
ABOUT THE MEGA BLOKS FACTORY TOURS
MEGA is proud to showcase their facilities to young Montrealers through engaging and inspiring activities specifically customized for each age group. In addition to highlighting the magical wonders of a toy factory for younger kids, and walking through informational ‘how-it’s-made’ processes for older students, the tours will also highlight future professions that visitors can aspire to.
On top of visiting the areas where MEGA BLOKS toys are created from start to finish (in a factory that covers an area of over 15 football fields!), students will also have the opportunity to participate in a Q&A session with MEGA BLOKS toy experts and ask any and all questions they have about the toy industry. The MEGA BLOKS Factory Tours are a great way for students to learn about a local global business as well as the stages in the “life of a toy”.
Organizations must take note of the following important information before applying for a visit:
– Tours are only available to schools, camps, daycares and non-profit organizations for children.
– Tours are offered free of charge. However, a donation of $5 per visitor in benefit of the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation must be made in order to participate in the tour (not applicable to non-profit organizations).
– Tours are limited to a maximum of ±30 children at a time (one class).
– Organizations are responsible for any travel arrangements for their group to and from the MEGA headquarters.
– All visitors must be dressed comfortably with closed shoes.
– It is recommended that classes be separated into groups of 8 to 10 students prior to the visit to facilitate activities and supervision.
Are you getting BenSpark.com in your inbox every day? Sign up to get the latest posts e-mailed directly to YOU.
Copyright (c) 2016 BenSpark.com