I received a download of the new Daniel Tiger Day & Night App to try out and to review. Opinions of the app are 100% my own and I am a PBS Kids VIP.
When I talked about the most recent Daniel Tiger half-hour special, “Neighbor Day” I may have mentioned how Daniel Tiger is huge in our house. The one show that makes my son stop and listen is Daniel Tiger. If Andrew hears the theme song he comes running and then stops and looks up at the screen transfixed at the show. He loves Daniel Tiger and O the Owl and all the others. A question, statement, demand we hear often from him is “another D?”. Daniel in the morning, Daniel in the afternoon and since Andrew is a terrible sleeper we have Daniel in the middle of the night, too.
Now we have a very good option for Daniel on the go in the Daniel Tiger Day & Night app.
With this app children can help Daniel through his morning and nighttime routines. Children do this through 8 games about those morning and nighttime routines. Musical strategies from the show are used to reinforce the routines. The games and features are as follows:
GOOD MORNING GAMES
Daniel Tiger has lots to do to get ready before Trolley comes to take him to school!
- Get Dressed: Help Daniel get dressed in his red sweater. Then, imagine with Daniel that his sweater is a “Super Daniel” costume.
- Breakfast: Help set the table as Daniel gets ready for breakfast. Have fun topping a pancake and then imagining that the pancake can dance!
- Brush Teeth: Help Daniel brush his teeth by moving your finger back and forth.
- Shoe Time: Choose a pair of shoes for Daniel to wear and help him tie them. Then, imagine that his shoes can make him jump super high.
GOOD NIGHT GAMES
Daniel Tiger needs to get ready for bed!
- Bath time: Help Daniel get washed up before bedtime and pop silly soap bubbles together.
- Brush Teeth: It’s time to brush Daniel’s teeth again!
- Pajama Time: Choose pajamas for Daniel and create a pair of make-believe pajamas for him.
- Bedtime Story: Move Daniel through the clouds as his mom reads and sings a calming bedtime song.
Play the Good Morning and Good Night songs at any time to reinforce each routine.
Use the built-in timer for some of your family’s morning and bedtime routines to help you and your child stay on task. The timer can be used to help children know how long they should brush their teeth.
Last week we were out leasing a car. While we were at the dealership we had Andrew with us. Andrew gets bored easily and he did not enjoy just hanging out in the salesman’s office. Luckily we had installed this app onto our phones and it helped to entertain and distract him a bit. He’s not old enough to get all the strategies yet but we are working with him on his routines.
Are you getting BenSpark.com in your inbox every day? Sign up to get the latest posts e-mailed directly to YOU.
Copyright (c) 2016 BenSpark.com