Settle in Wee ones because this is gonna be a long one with videos, activities and more. Back before Brave came out we attended a sneak preview of the movie and LOVED it. There were some scary parts that had Eva covering her eyes but for most of the movie she was wide eyed and loving seeing Merida on the screen. She even dressed as Merida for the movie. Well, when the movie came up for release on DVD and Blu-ray I definitely wanted to get this for our collection and the set is even better than the movie itself because it has so many great extras and in Blu-ray on the big screen at home it plays so beautifully.
I just really enjoy knowing more about production of movies and what went into making such amazing art. This set certainly gave me more than I ever wanted with fun shorts, looks inside the production and great commentaries. Learning more about the Legend of Mor’Du was cool. Also having the little short, La Luna is nice because that was so cute. Ea loved that.
I also like that the digital copy was included with this movie. We actually put the digital copy of the movie on the iPad and Eva and I watched it on the train ride back from New York City the other day. I think that she was even Braver this time around, especially at the scary parts with Mor’Du.
Pick up this movie, it is going to become a classic and there are so many cool versions out, but this version the Ultimate Collector’s Edition has it all. I gotta get a 3D Blu-Ray player so we can enjoy the 3D as well. Here are some goodies surrounding the movie. Enjoy. Make it a Brave Weekend.
Let the Games Begin.
PSIMadeThis.com’s Erica Domesek tackles tartan, one of the biggest trends on the runway this season and demonstrates how you can incorporate it into your wardrobe with an easy DIY fashion project. Get inspired by spunky princess Merida and go mad for plaid with this fun and easy project!
A preview clip of La Luna, a short included on the Brave Blu-ray
How Brave are you?
Are you Brave Enough for Tartan Nails?
HOW TO: Paint two coats of butter LONDON’s Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat for a beautiful, natural looking nail. Paint a brush-width strip of butter LONDON’s Queen Vic down the outside part of your nail. With a thin, long nail art brush, paint a thin line of butter LONDON’s Stag Do down each side of Queen Vic. With the same brush and colour, paint two small horizontal lines below the cuticle (try to keep the lines from going as low as the middle of the nail). Clean the brush in some acetone or nail lacquer remover and paint two horizontal lines of butter LONDON’s Sprog at the tip of the nail, as well as one vertical line down the right side of the nail. Apply butter LONDON’s Matte Finish Topcoat, and you’re good to go!
Brave Recipes and Dictionary
Bonus Clip: The Hair
Bonus Clip: Designing the Dress
Brave Press Release
Disney•Pixar proudly announces the Blu-ray™ hi-def debut of “Brave,” the year’s #1 animated movie and Pixar Animation Studio’s 13th consecutive hit, on November 13, 2012.
A breathtaking adventure that has entertained audiences of all ages, the stunning Blu-ray release of “Brave” includes hours of all-new bonus material, extraordinary behind the scenes features, extended and deleted scenes, a mysterious and exciting, new short film, ‘The Legend of Mor’du,” and much more.
An original and thrilling journey set in the ancient and magical Highlands of Scotland, “Brave” follows the heroic journey of the headstrong, young adventurer Merida. Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida confronts tradition and defies an age-old custom that inadvertently unleashes chaos, and forces her to discover the true meaning of bravery. The 5-Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition (1 Blu-ray 3D + 2 Blu-ray Discs + 1 DVD + 1 Digital Copy) has something for everyone – from the home entertainment enthusiast who demands the highest quality, state-of-the-art technology offerings, to the family who enjoys the interactive and engaging bonus features that only Blu-ray can provide – making this unique and beautiful film a “must add” to any home media collection.
The exciting home entertainment debut of “Brave” will be available in multiple ways, containing exciting all-new bonus features that extend the breathtaking movie experience.
I. ULTIMATE COLLECTOR’S EDITION: 5-DISC COMBO PACK
(BD 3D + BD Feature + BD Supplemental Material + DVD + DIGITAL COPY)
BLU-RAY – DISC 1 INCLUDES:
· “La Luna” Theatrical Short – Fans will love this charming short that accompanied the film in theatres. It follows a young boy on his first night working the family business alongside his father and grandfather.
· “The Legend of Mor’du” Short – This rousing new bonus short film will give fans the chance to delve deeper into the legend behind Mordu, as told by the eccentric witch who transformed him.
· Brave Old World – Fans will watch as members of the “Brave” production team investigate Scotland, exploring its land, culture, people and dialects. The research they gathered was brought thrillingly to life in the film. Also, fans will hear what actress Emma Thompson (voice of Queen Elinor) thinks of Pixar’s take on her homeland.
· Merida & Elinor – With the creation of Merida and Elinor, the Pixar filmmakers delved deep into the relationship between mother and daughter. Highlighting contrasts in character design, clothing, animation, voicing, even hairstyle, watch how the filmmakers explored this most important of relationships.
· Bears – Take a look inside the art and design behind the bears in “Brave.” Each of the bears, gentle Mum-Bear and terrifying Mor’du, demanded a different approach to creating their physical appearance and personality.
· Brawl in the Hall – A fascinating and hilarious inside look at the process of creating “Brave’s” fighting Scots, through animation, crowd simulation and fight choreography – not to mention a room full of grunting men whose vocal chortles added authenticity to the raucous scene.
· Wonder Moss – Fans will explore how “Brave’s” technical artists examined the real Scottish countryside and studied the laws of nature, then turned these findings into computer codes that would blanket Merida’s Scotland in lush moss, lichen and bracken.
· Magic –The magic and mystery of Scotland is revealed to fans in this charming feature about the legends – from mystical potions to the will-o’-the-wisps – seen in “Brave.”
· Clan Pixar – At Pixar, getting into character is a team effort. From making Haggis to Kilt Fridays to celebrating the Scottish poet Robert Burns, fans will see how the “Brave” production crew truly embraced Scottish themes and customs fueled the Pixar crew throughout the creation of “Brave.”
· Once Upon A Scene – A closer look at the evolution of the storylines throughout the production of the film, including alternative openings to the film and many deleted scenes.
· Extended Scenes – Three separate scenes are highlighted in their extended form. Director Mark Andrews discusses the decision making process that led to the shortened versions of these scenes.
· Director Commentary
BLU-RAY DISC 2 INCLUDES:
· “Fergus & Mor’du” An Alternate Opening – Once upon a time, “Brave” had a different opening scene. Eventually cut from the film, fans can see it in its entirety in this bonus feature narrated by the film’s director Mark Andrews.
· Fallen Warriors Montage – A selection of deleted shots that were cut from the film late in production are presented to fans in various stages of completion through a video montage narrated by director Mark Andrews.
· Dirty Hairy People – Fans will enjoy this uproarious bonus feature discussing the development of “Brave’s” Scots – including the design of their hair, attire, and dirt-crusted physiques.
· It is English…Sort Of – This bonus feature helps fans interpret some of the more Scottish lines in the film, thanks to the real Scottish actors who play the key characters and contributed their own dialects and sayings.
· Angus – A look at Merida’s most trusted companion, Angus, a mighty Clydesdale.
· The Tapestry – Fans will learn the story behind this embroidered emblem of family unity, which was lovingly crafted by “Brave’s” team of artists.
· Promotional Pieces – This bonus includes promotional clips for “Brave,” including: “Feast Yer Eyes,” “Relics,” “Clan DunBroch,” “Launch,” and more.
· Art Gallery – A selection of breathtaking art from the creation of the film, showcasing characters, sets, scenes and stunning landscapes.
· Wee Gaffes – A video montage of simulation, animation and shot bloopers.
· Renaissance Animation Man – Get a look at Director Mark Andrews’ love of Scotland, sword-fighting, music and more!
· Teasers and Sneak Peeks
BLU-RAY 3D DISC INCLUDES:
· “La Luna” Theatrical Short
· “La Luna” Theatrical Short
· “The Legend of Mordu” All-New Short
· Director Commentary
Disclosure: I received a copy of Brave: Ultimate Collector’s Ediction 5 Disc 3D Combo Pack to watch and review. Opinions are 100% my own.
Copyright (c) 2019 BenSpark Family Adventures