The other day I received my copy of Dog eat Doug: It’s a Good Thing They’re Cute. Dog eat Doug is a web comic that is making a foothold into newspapers all over the US. Brian Anderson writes and draws the comic every day. He posts them to his blog at Dog eat Doug Comic. The book is a collection of comics from the very first year of Dog eat Doug. I’ve been a fan for a long time and have caught every strip. It should be your daily read and this book is certainly a great start to getting to know the strip.
|Read to Me Dad Ratings
- Story – Good – The story is one that parents can certainly relate to. Very enjoyable.
- Re-Read-ability – Excellent – The humor and heart of this book is evident on every page. You will laugh with every read.
- Illustrations – Excellent – Anderson has a very clean style to his artwork and it is so consistent too. The book is full color which is a big plus.
- Message – The lighter side of being a parent to a puppy and a baby boy.
- Plot – A puppy adjusts to life with a new baby in the house. The two, Sophie and Doug, have many household adventures.
- Characters – Sophie and Doug are adorable and they are occasionally joined by other characters from time to time. The comic strip does mainly focus on Sophie and Doug.
- Does Eva Like It – Eva is a little young for it now but I did show her pictures.
- Recommended Ages – Probably 8 and Up, very family friendly.
Copyright (c) 2018 BenSpark.com
Please follow and like us: