Today Eva and I watched a few episodes from the soon to be released Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: I Heart Minnie DVD. This DVD has five Minnie-centric episodes including a never before seen episode called Minnie & Daisy’s Flower Shower. That was the first episode that we decided to watch. This episode focused on Minnie and Daisy preparing for a Flower Show. They had to make the clouds rain so that their flowers could grow. They also made the clouds into shapes. Don’t try to understand why the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is doing the things they do but focus on what skills they reinforce for children like counting, color and shape recognition and more skills like that. Don’t look to it for problem solving skills though because there is no way Toodles is gonna show up with the right mousekatool in the real world. But I do think that sequencing, shape recognition, counting and those skills are done right for the kids.
The DVD that I got to review contained a digital copy. You know I love digital copies because I can load them onto the iPad and Eva can enjoy the show on her own anytime. Not that we let her have too much TV but the option is there, especially for long car rides and things like that. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is a show that we enjoy together and this is a great DVD for her collection.
The DVD also has a reversible cover that you can take out and it has games and activities for your child plus the option for them to color their own version of the DVD cover.
I have a couple of clips from the DVD as well as the official Press release below. The DVD comes out this Tuesday February 7, 2012.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Don’t Let The Party Start Without You!
Follow along and Celebrate Minnie’s Birthday
MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE: I HEART MINNIE
Available On DVD with Digital Copy, February 7, 2012
The Digital Copy Allows Parents To Easily, Quickly Download The Episodes Onto A Computer Or Secondary Handheld Device For On-The-Go Access
Burbank, Calif., November 4, 2011 – This coming Valentine and Easter Seasons, The Walt Disney Studios invites everyone to get the party started as the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse gang – Daisy, Mickey, Donald & Goofy – celebrate MinnieMouse’s birthday. Releasing for the first time on DVD and Digital Copy, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: I HEART Minnie will be made available for purchase nationwide on February 7, 2012.
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: I HEART Minnie has been packaged to include five, fun-filled episodes – each underlining the themes of friendship, teamwork, sharing and problem solving – and an all new bonus feature “You’re Invited to Minnie’s Birthday Party,” as well as two complimentary Best Friend necklaces to keep as mementos and/or to share with a very special someone this Valentine’s Day.
The five classic episodes include:
· Minnie & Daisy’s Flower Shower (All-New, Never-Before-Seen) – The botanical highlight of the year is in trouble, unless Minnie and Daisy can get their flowers to bloom! Together, they board the glove balloon to help coax the clouds to sprinkle much needed rain.
· Daisy’s Dance -Clap your hands and tap your feet! Join Daisy, as she gets ready for one of the most important events of her life––performing in the big talent show!
· Daisy’s Pet Project – The Pet Parade is almost here and Daisy needs to find the perfect animal for which she can love and care. But it’s not as easy as she thinks and soon she has three new friends: an elephant named Bubbles, a giraffe called Longfellow and a bunny called Captain Jumps-a-lot!
· Minnie’s Rainbow – After a brightly colored rainbow appears over the clubhouse, Minnie searches for the pot of gold that’s supposed to be at its end. Along the way, she meets a leprechaun and discovers that not all treasure turns out to be as she expected!
· Minnie’s Birthday – Today is Minnie’s birthday, but the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse friends need to set up her birthday party.
· MICKEY MOUSE – Wayne Allwine (TV’s “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” & “House of Mouse”)
· MINNIE MOUSE – Russi Taylor (TV’s “Jake and the Never Land Pirates,” & “The Simpsons”)
· DAISY DUCK – Tress MacNeille (TV’s “Futurama,” & “The Simpsons”)
· DONALD DUCK – Tony Anselmo (Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Fantasia/2000)
· GOOFY – Bill Farmer (Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc.)
· PLUTO – he doesn’t speak
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For more than 85 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company (DIS: NYSE) was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under four banners: Walt Disney Pictures,which incudes Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Touchstone Pictures and Marvel. Original music and motion picture soundtracks are produced under Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records, while Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Broadway theatrical productions, Disney on Ice and Disney LIVE!. For more information, please visit www.disney.com.
Disclosure: I received a copy of this DVD to review. Opinions of it are 100% my own.
Are you getting BenSpark.com in your inbox every day? Sign up to get the latest posts e-mailed directly to YOU.
Copyright (c) 2017 BenSpark.com