Today was the first one of the new year. At our house we are all infected with an annoying cold. Allison and I stayed up to watch the ball drop and Eva stayed up till about 8:30pm. While we were visiting with my family last night my Brother-in-law kept saying to Eva to wake up at 3:00am. Instead she woke up at 5:00am, Super Fun. So, later on this afternoon I took Eva and tried to get her to nap. She finally did and fell asleep deep taking her precious Hot Wheels with her.
Today is usually the day where people make resolutions and basically false promises to themselves. I said last year that I’d accomplish quite a few things and while I accomplished some of them I did not do them all. This year however I am taking some guidance from Chris Brogan. Chris has put out a post called My 3 Words for 2010. I left a comment on it stating that my three words are Fail, Learn and Chance. This is what those words mean to me.
Fail – Stop being afraid to fail at anything, I am too controlled in my life and don’t take enough risks to allow for failure.
Learn – Really learn how things work, understand the processes.
Chance – Take them, give them to people and realize that things happen by chance and they can change your life.
This year I am taking more steps to put my photos in many places. So now I’ll upload the photo to Picasa, Zooomr, Shuttercal and Flickr. More will be added as we go. Putting my photos out there will help pull people to this blog and learn more about what I am working on. I’ve also decided to start adding a watermark to each photo too.
Also I’ll be publishing my latest interview over at the “I’m Not A Famous Blogger” Crew Blog.
The focus for blogging for me is this:
- BenSpark.com with a focus on photography and of course Photo-A-Day will be updated daily
- Read To Me, Dad.com – Will be updated often
- “I’m Not A Famous Blogger” Crew Blog – Updated when news comes out and when I get interviews.
- Behind the Lens Newsletter – Published Monthly
- “I’m Not A Famous Blogger” Crew Newsletter – Published Monthly
- Guest posts added regularly at The Coach Shoppe, Jim Kukral, Buck Daddy Blog, Shuttercal Blog and Dad-O-Matic – At least one post for each, monthly.
- Complete building my courses on PrFessor.
- Take more positive risks
- Start my Blog Consulting Business in earnest.
Is that enough? I’m sure there will be more.
Are you getting BenSpark.com in your inbox every day? Sign up to get the latest posts e-mailed directly to YOU.
Copyright (c) 2016 BenSpark.com