This past weekend we had a little mini vacation to the Cape Codder Resort and Spa, but when we weren’t in the water park we were in the room. On Saturday afternoon we took the time to enjoy a family viewing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. We were provided a bunch of great stuff to have this in home viewing party. We received a box full of great Star Wars: The Last Jedi stuff including a Storm Trooper Plush Throw, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Napkins, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Paper Masks, BB-9E Plush – 6”, BB-8 Plush – 7 ½”, Porg Plush – 9”, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Treat Cups and Popcorn. We also received a copy of the movie on Blu-ray/DVD/Digital. I had loaded the movie onto my iPad before our trip in anticipation of watching it during out downtime. I also added in a Star Wars: The Last Jedi LEGO set that I bought before the movie but saved to build with the kids.
The biggest hit of the entire in-home viewing kit was the stuffed Porg. The kids took turns being the keeper of the Porg, over and over again. The Porg was everywhere, just like in the movie. And, once we got home the kids worked out a system in which one child would keep the Porg for the weekend and the other during the week. They really loved that thing. Andrew got it for this photo.
So, we popped the popcorn and enjoyed out new stuffed characters. We also watched around the little table and ate the popcorn while building the LEGO set. As we were building we got to the part where Finn and Rose went in search of the code-breaker and the kids recognized the ship that they were building. It was a fun afternoon of family downtime and more bonding over a franchise that we all love dearly.
Since we weren’t home we couldn’t make anything besides the microwave popcorn that was in our viewing kit but had we been home then we could have tried out some Star Wars: The Last Jedi recipes like the ones below. Just click the image to download the recipes.
Star Wars Galactic Recipes
We enjoyed seeing the movie as a family and if your family is interested in seeing the movie, too then make sure that you enter my Digital Download giveaway. I am giving away FOUR copies of the movie. That also includes extras like the gag reel.
STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI GAG REEL
More about the movie and Blu-ray below.
STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI
Writer/Director Rian Johnson takes fans behind the scenes, revealing production secrets and never-before-seen footage and deleted scenes
BURBANK, Calif. (February 20, 2018) — Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi—the next action-packed chapter of the Star Wars saga— Earned critical acclaim and the No. 1 spot atop 2017’s list of highest-grossing films. The visually stunning film welcomes the return of original characters, including Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Yoda, R2-D2 and C-3PO and further explores the deepening journey of the saga’s new members, Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo Ren. Now families can bring home the movie digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and via Movies Anywhere on March 13, two weeks before the 4K Ultra HD™ Blu-ray, and Blu-ray™ disc on March 27. This release also marks Disney’s first title available on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in both Dolby Vision™ HDR and Dolby Atmos® immersive audio, delivering consumers a transformative viewing experience.
Director Rian Johnson takes fans on an intimate journey into the creation of Star Wars: The Last Jedi in a feature-length documentary, explaining his unique interpretation of the Force, detailing the painstaking process of creating Snoke, and deconstructing action-packed scenes from the film such as the epic space battle and the final confrontation. Johnson also reveals two exclusive scenes, featuring Andy Serkis as Snoke prior to his digital makeover, as well as 14 never-before-seen deleted scenes, in addition to his audio commentary.
Bonus features include*:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is packaged several ways to ensure fans get the most out of their in-home viewing experience. The Multiscreen Edition (formerly the Blu-ray Combo Pack) includes Blu-ray, and a Digital copy, giving viewers the flexibility to watch the film on different devices. Those with 4K Ultra HD capability may opt for a 4K UHD Collector’s Edition, including 4K Ultra HD disc with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, Blu-ray disc, and a digital copy (where available). Dolby Vision delivers greater brightness and contrast, as well as a fuller palette of rich colors. Dolby Atmos places and moves audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. Together on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc, viewers will practically feel the Force in their own home.
Copyright (c) 2019 BenSpark Family Adventures