Sometimes when you don’t get a photo before you head in to the night shift you find something silly to do. I was walking around and there was this giant mural separating some desks and it had this flower on it. The petals looked like a big toothy mouth. So it was time for a silly selfie.
We are thrilled to once again be invited as guests of The Realm to the 38th Season of King Richard’s Faire. We are also able to host a giveaway of a family 4-pack of tickets to opening weekend to one lucky family here on this blog. There is so much to do at the Faire and we love going there as a family each year. It has become one of our most looked forward to trips. You can see our 2017 visit in the video below and then after that you can enter our giveaway through the Rafflecopter App.
The giveaway is for a Family 4-Pack of Passes to Opening Weekend of King Richard’s Faire on August 31 – September 2, 2019. The Giveaway Ends August 23, 2019. We will need the winner’s address so the tickets can be sent via mail.
Here are some Insider tips for visiting the Faire:
1. No outside food or beverage is allowed unless cleared by our office first (508-866-5391) but you can bring an EMPTY water bottle to fill out our water bubbler.
2. We DO have gluten-free, vegan and lactose-free menu selections listed on the website here: https://kingrichardsfaire.net/eat-and-drynk/.
3. Carvershire is in the woods… we have bees, tree roots, hot and cold weather, and even rain to contend with. And porto-pottys. Dress and plan accordingly.
4. We are open unless safety is compromised; we then make announcements on our FB page as soon as the decision is made.
5. All costumes are welcome and appreciated… you can rent costumes for all ages and sizes right inside the front gate at Seams Like A Dream! Costumed guests are the majority, not the minority… HINT: this is a “Fantasy Faire” not a medieval re-enactment like Plimouth Plantation…anything goes! We see it all… from Monty Python, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, DC/Marvel superheroes, and all kinds of cosplay… we are more of a comic con than a re-enactment!
6. Box office and food tickets are cash only but most artisans accept Lady Visa and Master Card and AMEX.
7. The woods have no wifi (big site, not enough signal) so you are on your data plan, unfortunately. Plan accordingly – it’s better near the entrance and at the joust. Bring a battery – charging is for the brave knights on horseback, not our guests’ phones.
One Family's Adventures in the World