I was provided a free download code of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 for the Nintendo Switch by SEGA, so that I could review the game and include it in my Holiday Gift guide. I was also provided 3 additional download codes for a giveaway. Opinions are my own.
Finding a fun family game on the Nintendo Switch isn’t difficult. Finding one that has tons of choices and many mini-games to play is a bit more challenging. Our family is having a great time competing with each other in a ton of Olympic events while playing Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. This game is so much fun. I first got to experience it at the HoliDAY of play where I competed with other attendees in the 100m dash. While I did not have the best time I still had a good time.
There are a ton of events to play and many characters as well. You unlock the play of different characters by playing the story mode of the game. I have been playing story mode which is a lot of fun. In story mode Mario and Sonic are sucked into a video game that was created by Dr. Eggman. But Dr. Eggman and Bowser have also been sucked into the game. They end up at the Tokyo 1964 Olympic games. In order to get back to the Tokyo 2020 games they have to compete in a bunch of Olympic games and earn gold medals. Meanwhile in 2020 Tails and Luigi are attempting to bring Mario and Sonic home. They are also competing in the Olympic games in order to earn gold medals. As we play through the Story Mode we meet a bunch of characters and unlock them in order to play them in different events. I will finish the Story Mode first in order to have all the characters available to play in Quick Match mode. Here is my video on the game that shows you what it is like.
If you would like to try and win a download code please enter through my Rafflecopter widget below. You must be in North america to win. The codes are for the Nintendo Switch in North America. SEGA provided these to me for free for the giveaway.
More details on the game.
What you need to know about Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020:
- Brand New Story: Help Mario and Sonic escape from a 2D-themed console, the “Tokyo ’64,” hatched as part of Dr. Eggman’s and Bowser’s nefarious plans to trap the colorful and capable power pair.
- A Bountiful Medley of Events: Skateboard, surf, and race your way to the top of the podium! With more than 30 events to master in this fun-filled Olympic Games showdown, there are plenty of ways to prove your skills to your friends in local and online multiplayer.
- Push the Boundaries: Dream Events deliver a layer of fantastical chaos. Zip through a downhill obstacle course on your hoverboard, throwdown for territorial control with lightning-fast karate action, or smash the most targets inside a traditional Japanese manor!
- So Many Ways to Play*: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: The gang’s all here! Play as Mario, Sonic, and a star-studded cast of your favorite SEGA and Nintendo characters!
Enjoy all the different classic 2D events, perfect for friends and family:
- 10m Platform (Diving)
- 400m Hurdles
- Gymnastics – Vault
- Kayak Single (K-1) 1000m
- Long Jump
- Shooting – Trap
You will also dash, climb, jump, surf and more in these fast-paced 3D events:
- 110m Hurdles
- 4 x 100m Relay
- Canoe Double (C-2) 1000m
- Discus Throw
- Equestrian – Jumping
- Football (Soccer)
- Gymnastics – Floor Exercise
- Javelin Throw
- Karate – Kumite
- Rugby Sevens
- Skateboarding – Park
- Sport Climbing
- Surfing – Shortboard
- Swimming – 100m Freestyle
- Table Tennis
- Triple Jump
The fun even goes beyond the limits of reality with all-new Dream Events:
- Dream Karate
- Dream Racing
- Dream Shooting
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will take to the starting blocks exclusively for the Nintendo Switch on November 5 in the Americas for $59.99 USD and November 8 in Europe with commensurate pricing.
*Joy-Con functionality does not extend to all events.
ISM manages and develops entertainment software applications and is the International Olympic Committee (IOC) exclusive worldwide licensee for Interactive Entertainment Software. In addition to these exclusive rights, ISM is one of the world’s leading providers of sports fantasy games working with a number of sport’s governing bodies. Visit the company’s website at www.ismltd.com.
About SEGA® of America, Inc.:
SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Games Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Interactive Entertainment. SEGA of America’s website is located at www.sega.com.
SEGA on Twitter: www.twitter.com/SEGA
SEGA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SEGA
SEGA on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SEGA
SEGA on YouTube: www.youtube.com/SegaAmerica
If you are interested in purchasing this game please consider using our Amazon.com affiliate links below. they cost you nothing extra and help us out.
Copyright (c) 2020 BenSpark Family Adventures