I received my copy of Nighty Night, Sleepy Sleeps by Brian Anderson the other day. I ordered it months ago when I heard it was going to be produced. Brian Anderson is the creator, writer and artist of the web comic Dog Eat Doug. This book is full of colorful paintings of Doug and Sophie as they crash about the house avoiding going to sleep at night. The story is light but cute and the images are wonderful.
|Read to Me Dad Ratings
- Story – Good – A cute little story about a boy and his dog trying to avoid going to bed.
- Re-Read-ability – Good – It is quick and simple with some beautiful artwork.
- Illustrations – Excellent – These painted pages are a wonderful way in which to be introduced to Sophie and Doug. They are so cute.
- Message – No real message here just a cute story about a boy and his dog avoiding going to bed.
- Plot – A baby and puppy are avoiding being put to bed.
- Characters – Sophie and Doug are adorable. They get into lots of trouble while they avoid being put down for sleep.
- Does Eva Like It – Eva loved the photos.
- Recommended Ages – 4-8, very family friendly.
Copyright (c) 2020 BenSpark Family Adventures