We have been guests of the Realm the past seven years. This means that we receive free passes to enter the Faire. Many of those years we attend the opening weekend of King Richard’s Faire and on few occasions we attend Columbus Day weekend. We do this because of my work and sleep schedule. Those Monday trips to King Richard’s Faire are pretty much the only ones we can do as a family unless I take some nights off work. Luckily we’ve been able to go on Labor Day weekend for the past couple of years and that has really worked out. School has just begun and our last big event together before our schedules get crazy is King Richard’s Faire. We have a wonderful time every year and we love seeing all of our old friends. Friends like Piers Pickles the Purveyor of Pickles. I was looking back at our photos because Google Photos recognizes faces and as I look back on the many years we have visited our pickle pal I came across this photo below.
This was taken five years ago and man it is adorable. A photo of the kids with Piers is one of the things I try very hard to make sure we do. It doesn’t always happen but when it does it is magical. The kid simply love him. They also love his lovely wife Snow White. Eva chats with the princesses each year and shows them her costume. Now, for many years Eva has worn a princess dress. Now she is making her own costumes and her own character. This year she is Zoe Crystalis, a warrior elf. She still chatted with snow who is always super gracious and wonderful with the kids.
We are thrilled to once again be invited as guests of The Realm to the 38th Season of King Richard’s Faire. We are also able to host a giveaway of a family 4-pack of tickets to opening weekend to one lucky family here on this blog. There is so much to do at the Faire and we love going there as a family each year. It has become one of our most looked forward to trips. You can see our 2017 visit in the video below and then after that you can enter our giveaway through the Rafflecopter App.
The giveaway is for a Family 4-Pack of Passes to Opening Weekend of King Richard’s Faire on August 31 – September 2, 2019. The Giveaway Ends August 23, 2019. We will need the winner’s address so the tickets can be sent via mail.
Here are some Insider tips for visiting the Faire:
1. No outside food or beverage is allowed unless cleared by our office first (508-866-5391) but you can bring an EMPTY water bottle to fill out our water bubbler.
2. We DO have gluten-free, vegan and lactose-free menu selections listed on the website here: https://kingrichardsfaire.net/eat-and-drynk/.
3. Carvershire is in the woods… we have bees, tree roots, hot and cold weather, and even rain to contend with. And porto-pottys. Dress and plan accordingly.
4. We are open unless safety is compromised; we then make announcements on our FB page as soon as the decision is made.
5. All costumes are welcome and appreciated… you can rent costumes for all ages and sizes right inside the front gate at Seams Like A Dream! Costumed guests are the majority, not the minority… HINT: this is a “Fantasy Faire” not a medieval re-enactment like Plimouth Plantation…anything goes! We see it all… from Monty Python, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, DC/Marvel superheroes, and all kinds of cosplay… we are more of a comic con than a re-enactment!
6. Box office and food tickets are cash only but most artisans accept Lady Visa and Master Card and AMEX.
7. The woods have no wifi (big site, not enough signal) so you are on your data plan, unfortunately. Plan accordingly – it’s better near the entrance and at the joust. Bring a battery – charging is for the brave knights on horseback, not our guests’ phones.
One Family's Adventures in the World