Today was the annual Company Christmas Party. I am very lucky to be working at a place where the company still does events like this. The party is so large that it ends up being split between two buildings. At each place there is a fantastic spread of food. Shrimp, Kobe sliders, a raw bar and so many fantastic desserts.
As you know I am now part of a group called Road to Thin and as such I am trying to be better about my choices on what to eat. Today I picked up a small plate and filled it with 4 shrimp, one slider, a piece of sushi and some chowder. I also had one chocolate covered strawberry and one snowflake sugar cookie. Much less than I have eaten in the past.
Even though my friend Daddy Claxton is on a campaign to give Santa more healthy snacks, Allison has made some fantastic cookies for Mr. and Mrs. Claus. The other day I was contemplating a hot and spicy chocolate chip cookie and Allison decided to make some for me. She made some chocolate chip cookies with cayenne pepper and cinnamon. I had a couple tonight and they were fantastic!!! I love having spice with chocolate.
However, if you would like to help Santa lose a few pounds try some of these snack alternatives:
- ½ cup granola with a sprinkle of dried cherries and unsalted nuts and 1% or skim, fat-free milk or plain or light yogurt
- Red/yellow/green pepper strips with nonfat sour cream or hummus dip
- Grapes or apple slices with 1 oz of cheese or peanut butter
- Air-popped popcorn
- Hard cooked egg with a dash of spicy mustard
- Berries with 1 oz of ricotta or string cheese
- Sunflower, pumpkin or squash seeds
- Sugar-free Jell-O
- Plain or light (sugar free) yogurt
- Smoked salmon and cream cheese on cucumber slices
- Lettuce Roll-ups –- Roll luncheon meat, egg salad, tuna or other filling and veggies in lettuce leaves
- Whole-grain bagel (3 inch) topped with natural peanut butter
- Bagel chips or baked tortilla chips with salsa
- Spread all natural, low sugar peanut butter on a celery stick, pretzel or banana
- Pita bread stuffed with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and low-fat dressing
Also, check out Santa doing the EA Sports Active 2 workout. (aff link). Merry Christmas!
|What is Drew Shooting with?|
|How Does Drew Protect His Photos?|
Copyright (c) 2020 BenSpark Family Adventures